Sen. Capito is Wrong on Life
Shelley Moore Capito
Wrong on Life, Wrong for West Virginia
- Shelley Moore Capito was one of the 3 GOP Senators who blocked the vote to defund Planned Parenthood and repeal Obamacare in 2017.
- She calls herself "pro-choice," and thinks Roe v. Wade was rightly decided. Shelley Moore Capito said in response to a question of why she was voting for a conservative SCOTUS judge that she was certain that the Court wouldn’t overturn Roe v. Wade. (WVMetroNews 7/8/2018)
- While a member of Congress, Shelley has a long history of voting to fund abortion on-demand:
- She voted against the Hyde Amendment, which bans federal funding for abortion.
- In 2007, she voted *against* a measure to prohibit federal funds for Planned Parenthood, meaning that she voted to protect federal funding for Planned Parenthood.
- She voted 6 times for military personnel and their dependents to be able to obtain abortions in military hospitals--which is voting six times for federal abortion funding.
- She has voted 3 other times AGAINST measures that would have PROHIBITED federal funding for abortions—meaning that she voted three times to protect federal funding for abortions!
- She also voted to protect federal funds for mifepristone, the ‘abortion pill.'
- Capito also voiced opposition to the Human Life Protection Act passed by the State of Alabama. Capito stated to a left-wing journalist, “I don’t agree with the Alabama law. I mean, I think it’s very very restrictive.” (The Daily Beast, 5/31/2019)
She refused to take a position on Amendment One in WV, which protected unborn life from state-funded abortions, saying “I’m not going to openly support or oppose.” The bill passed, despite Capito. (Politico, 7/15/2018)
West Virginia needs a Senator who is 100% pro-life, 100% of the time. Visit www.whittforwv.com for more information on the campaign and how you can get involved!
 H.R. 1646.
 H.R. 3043.
 H.R. 2586, H.R. 4546, H.R. 1588, H.R. 4200, H.R. 1815, H.R. 5122.
 H.R. 1646, H.R. 3043, H.R. 1216.
 H.R. 2112.